Tuesday 9 February 2016

A Week of Gift Packaging - Day 2, Chocolate Lolly Case

Welcome to day 2 of my Week of Gift Packaging.

Valentines Day is just 12 days away.  My partner and I don't do Valentines Day (apparently), but I cant resist getting him a little something.  And this year, one of the little something's is a chocolate lolly.  But how do you make it look like more?


Presentation is everything, and I think that this case is so cute, it could be used for any occasion.


All you need is:
  • a piece of A4 Wisteria Wonder card, cut to 4" wide (portrait),
  • another piece measuring 4" x 5",
  • two pieces 1 1/2" x 3"
  • a piece of Whisper White card measuring 3 3/4" x 4 3/4,
  • a coordinating piece of Designer Series Paper measuring 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" (I used a sheet from the Have A Cuppa DSP Stack)
  • Whisper White satin ribbon

Score your largest piece of Wisteria Wonder along the long side at 3", 3 1/2", and 6", then fold.  Take your two smaller pieces of card, score along the length at 1/2" and 1", then fold.  You need to stick these two pieces of card into the larger piece to create a channel for the lolly stick, as shown below.


Take your corner punch and punch the folded corners at the top.  Also punch all four corners on your remaining card and DSP.  Stick the Wisteria Wonder card to the lolly case, creating a flap that covers the channel for the lolly stick.  Mat and layer with the Wisper White and DSP.

Stick a magnet over the lolly stick channel using glue dots, then cover with a 1/4" card circle (punched from some scrap cardstock) and stick in place with a glue dot.  Then, to make sure you stick in the correct place, place on your second magnet, topped with another glue dot, and close the case to stick.  Open the case and top the second magnet with another circle of card in the same way as the first.  You need to do this as the magnets I use are REALLY strong and could tear your case on opening if you don't.

Then, tie a bow from the ribbon, and stick to the front of the case with glue dots.

You can then add greetings as required.  I stamped a greeting from the Bear Hugs stamp set in Wisteria Wonder ink, onto a sheet of Whisper White card, punched it out with the Word Window punch, and attached it to the bag with a couple of Stampin' Dimensionals.

Here is the full list of products used to create this project:


I hope you have enjoyed this project.

Please do use the reward code to get free products (reward code shown in the to right of my blog is the current one).  If your order is over £150, please do not use this code as you then qualify for Hostess Rewards.  And remember, during Sale-a-Bration, you get to choose a free product from the Sale-a-Bration catalogue for every £45 you spend!

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/camscreativity/jointhefun&dbwsdemoid=5017475  http://www2.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx&dbwsdemoid=5017475

You can buy Stampin' Up! products online easily through my Stampin' Up! Shop link (above and to the to right of my blog), or within this blog post.

You can also join Stampin' Up! through similar links too!  I cover the UK, The Netherlands, Germany, France, and Austria with my shop, and also my team, so you can join me in those countries also!

And of course you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and You Tube, with my account name CamsCreativity, and Twitter as CamsCreativUK.

Thanks for visiting and I look forward to hearing from you!

www.facebook.com/CamsCreativity

No comments:

Post a Comment